To give you an example of some of our work and the jobs we undertake we have added a few case studies showing typical that installations we have undertaken. Obviously every installation is individual but generally there are 5 main types of jobs that our customers want.
1. Reuse existing fireplace and fit a freestanding stove. Usually minor building work is needed to possibly raise a lintel to make the opening bigger, or extend the hearth to comply with current Building Regulations. This type of work usually requires lining the chimney and takes two visits.
2. Reuse the existing fireplace and install an inset stove. If your fireplace was previously used as an open fire and still has the concrete fireback in site, we can install an inset fire to make it much more efficient. An open fire is only about 20% efficient but by having a closed inset fire efficiency rises to 70% plus. This is the simplest and cheapest type of installation.
3. Fit a freestanding stove in a new build property without a chimney, using twin insulated stainless steel flue. This can be a more expensive installation due to the cost of good quality twininsulated flue. We can also have the stainless steel pipe powder coated black or grey if you wish so that it looks less obtrusive.
4. Fit a new stove or replace an older stove to an existing standard brick chimney. A flexible stainless steel chimney liner is used to line the chimney.
5. Take out an existing open fire, or baxi type fire. Knock out to make a new opening and fit a new stove. This takes typically 3 days.